How To Start Learning Digital Marketing?
Today, the scenarios are such that there is a real need of Digital Marketing. Where more people are coming online due to lockdown, if people don’t market themselves well, their efforts of coming online goes in vain.
Here comes the role of a Digital Marketeer. So, if you want to learn to become a successful Digital Marketeer, here’s what I recommend:
First of all, you decide whether why do you want to learn Digital Marketing?
• Do you want to keep it as a side-business?
• Or do you want to start a full-time career in Digital Marketing?
• Do you want to pursue it as a freelancer?
• Or do you want to earn a passive income using digital marketing?
Make this clear first, because this will set the direction to your learning process.
If you are planning to learn digital marketing because you are attracted by its “passive earning potential,” you can start with the blogging route. Find a niche, learn to write review posts, learn to optimize them to rank them for relevant searches, or learn to run paid ads to drive visitors to your content, and so on.
If you are planning to do it as a side-hustle and make some additional income, then you identify what you are good at, how much time do you want to spend on the side-hustle and how much do you want to earn from it.
Based on that, you can choose the component that can help you achieve your goals.
If you are good at writing, you can become a content writer, or if you are good at designing, you can create a side-hustle based on that skill and so on.
If you want to learn digital marketing because you want to pursue a freelance career, learn the basics of digital marketing first, then choose one specialization skill or area that suits your strengths and become a specialist at it.
Finally, if you want to start a full-time career in digital marketing, again, it is better to start as a generalist, learn how each of the components like SEO, Google ads, Facebook ads, Social media, and so on works and whichever suits you better, pursue that.
Once you’ve figured out why you want to learn Digital Marketing, you can choose the learning path to achieve the goal.
But when it comes to learning, choose the “active learning” approach.
What is active learning?
It is impossible to learn digital marketing by reading thousands of blog posts or watching hundreds of videos. I call it passive learning, and in a passive learning approach, you aren’t learning but consuming hours and hours of content. You are accumulating information. Information is useless and powerless if it isn’t applied to produce the results.
To produce results, you need to pick the right source, consume the information, and apply the knowledge. That’s how you can learn, and that’s what I call “active learning.”
• If you read or watch about niche selection, after consuming the information, don’t jump onto another hyperlink.
• Start selecting your niche following the steps you read or watched in that content piece and understand whether it is enough or you need more information.
• If you need more information, search and consume it and then come back to finish the niche selection.
• You need to repeat this “niche selection” step as many times as it requires to do it without any hiccups. That’s how learning works.
• You’ve to do it for every step involved in your learning. You need to allocate time, based on how much time it takes you to learn a concept and how soon you want to.
• If it takes you one hour to actively learn a concept, and you want to complete learning SEO in a month. Let’s assume SEO involves learning approximately 100 concepts. Then you need to spend 100 hours a month, which means you need to spend 3.33 hours a day for 30 days.
So plan accordingly on How To Start Learning Digital Marketing?
Then find out what’s your best learning hours. All of us have our learning hours. We can learn better and retain information better at certain times. It can be the early mornings or afternoons or late nights.
Find out your learning hours and design your life to ensure you can use those hours just for learning.
So, How To Start Learning Digital Marketing? All clear? I hope it helps.
If you like to add something and help those who want to learn digital marketing efficiently, please do so in the comments.
Lastly, Checkout our latest deals for shopping online here.
Also checkout our other methods for earning online here.